Edited: I have moved to Snow, Glass, Apple! 🙂 Please click here to be taken there. Thank you!
The Getting Up and Getting Ready for Work Edition:
Lately, it seems that the weeks turned into months and a chunk of my life just got sucked into the blackhole and I am left to being awed and feeling stupid. Because in retrospect, I could’ve done more with my life. Case in point: Last week, I could’ve eaten that Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard instead of convincing myself by lying to my own face that I don’t need ice-cream, it’s just a whimsical hunger pang. And dammit, I need to save!
Only to find myself buying a large-sized milk tea, which is more expensive than the ice-cream. Ha! Who’s crazy now?
As an ode to a maximized life and not feel as if I’m running after a train which just started to leave, I took notice of the little things and here are what I found:
- Shower time – Scrub at night, just before you go to bed. That way, when you shower in the morning before leaving for work, you can forgo the loofah and only use soap.
- Soap – Do not buy any more Dove soaps. It just doesn’t rinse off easily. Right now, I’m using this goat milk soap which does not only rinse off easily but softens my skin and it smells delicious. I kid you not.
- Shampoo – By a clear one, not those types which take forever to get it off your head. I recently bought White Rain Volumizing Shampoo. It makes my hair look more bedhead than glamorous or even behaved, but I still haven’t scared someone to death, so I guess it’s still safe to use it.
- Lotion – Skip the lotion in the morning. Save it right before hitting bedtime. The obvious reason for this is because I am too much in a hurry in the early morning when I leave for work. I need to take as much short-cuts to my routine as possible.
- Wardrobe – Either plan what you’re going to wear before going to sleep or just do it like me: All tops are basically the same and pretty much interchangeable. This is for the sole purpose of just grabbing something from the closet, putting it on and ta-da! I’m off to work, people!
- Shoes – Buy pumps with neutral tones or basic colors so it’s a no-brainer to match them with anything you own.
- Eating – Okay, I actually have nothing to say here. I stuff in my mouth whatever I crave for at the given moment. Guilty as charged: I’m not a diet buff.
- Make-up – I don’t put this on anymore but when I have to, I stick with the necessities: Face powder or BB Cream and colored lip balm. If I’m feeling more blah than the usual, I torture my eyelashes with a decent curler just to add an extra oomph to my eyes.
- Combing hair – Okay, I’m not sure if you’re going to get on the wagon with me on this one but this is what I do: I leave the house with my hair uncombed. While walking down the street, that’s when I start to comb my hair. Just like in number three, I haven’t given heart attacks to other pedestrians so I guess it’s okay too.
- Snacks – I buy my standard favorites in the grocery. I buy them in packs so I can take one or two to the office. Stuff some Oreos and potato chips in my bag and dump them on my desk at the office. At least I know I won’t go hungry in the middle of making/managing websites.
And that is all I have for you today. Tidbits of totally unnecessary way of cheating the seconds that tick by. Hopefully Volume 2 will make much more sense. But if you’ve been following my blog, you’d know better than to expect me making sense most of the time. Life is a hoot. Let’s catch those lemons, make ’em lemonades, toast our glasses, and laugh and converse and de-stress!
image source: Angelina 🙂